Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Insomnia

Deep in the bosom of the gentle night
Is when I search for the light
Pick up my pen and start to write
I struggle, fight dark forces
In the clear moon light
Without fear... insomnia
I can't get no sleep


I don't think Faithless could have sung this any better..
Here I have a a little something in ode to that which has become my best friend and enemy all at once..I wrote this somewhere in the midst of 3 am on one of my sleepless nights...


Infinite cups of tea..endless sheep have come to fail
I have tried to sleep..everytime to no avail..
Sipping and counting in fits of spite..
I toss and turn in the unforgiving hands of night..

My tongue awaiting that forgiving caress
I taste the moon with no success..
I lay..patiently waiting for a quiet escape..
my eyes never resting..my mouth agape.

The hours crash by as waves on the sea..
the night carries on..always without me...


Instead of insomnia why cant it be a warm body next to me keeping me awake?
Why does it have to be this unforgiving RELUCTANCE to fall asleep..
At least it gives me a muse..an inspiration to write...

No comments: