Monday, January 23, 2006

2006..Sweet Surrender

And sweet
Sweet surrender
Is all that I have to give


New Year...New Beginnings. At least thats what we all want to think everytime a new event has begun. I can tell this year is going to be full of unexpected twists and turns...just by looking at the way it started out.
You need a change of air..Im flying you up to NYC for 10 days.
Those were the words of my lovely sister Keila...And they marked the beginning of 2006.

So basically in pictures I can recreate my December-January 2006 trip:











Yes..I drank and danced the nights away, shopped untill my heels were begging for mercy, visited a few friends..was wined and dined..But the culmination of my trip..was what I did for my birthday:


Freedom From Fear


Those are the words I had forged in sanskrit (the first language of the world) into my skin on my 22nd birthday.


Freedom from Fear of what?
-Of allowing myself to take risks
-Of confronting responsibility for the decisions I make.
-Of letting my fingers and my crazy mind take control of this blog.
-Of the unexpected -Of giving myself another chance.
-Of letting people climb the walls Ive built.
-Of what other mindless people have to say about me.
-Of falling in love

We spend so much time...so much wasted time..fearing consequences, fearing everything life has to offer. What a big crock of bullshit.
Yo no estoy diciendo que esta actitud cambia de un dia para otro...ese miedo lo llevamos tan incrustados en nuestras conciencias que no nos permite degustar de las delicias que nos ofrecen todos los dias de la vida.. Pero por algun lado hay que comenzar.
I wish everyone who takes a few minutes of their lives to read my neurotic blog, a year 2006 free from whatever it is they fear.
And please..cuentenme...que cosa tan insignificante y mundana temen ustedes?







6 comments:

Rosanna said...

-A no vivir cada dia al maximo
-A perder a mis seres queridos sin que sepan lo que siento por ellos
-A perder mis verdaderos amigos por idioteces mias.
-Perder mis ambiciones
-Dejar de sonar despierta
-No poder amar
-Amar
-Desenfocarme de mis objetivos
-Snakes
y mil cosas mas... me haz dado una idea para mi blog :P

Como dijo el tichel en su blog gaby... take the risk. Quien no intenta pierde mas a quien lo intenta.

Lov.

Rosanna said...

AY PERO FUE DE VERDA EL TATOO! E LOCA E!? ta apero apero

pero GABRIELA! :O

Teacher Yorch said...

:) Asi es !

TAKE THE RISK!!!

... i hate you for having a ten day love affair with Starbucks ...

The only thing we fear is the unknown. Take the leap, take that chance, take that risk ... fear will become overrated.

;)
Ya can always count on the ticher!

cloklis said...

copycat

But i love you anyways.

Kiki A.Ortiz said...

el 3144 q ta en tu cuello ta muy chulo

mis miedos

a cambiar mi mundo completamente,tout,la gente

miedo a volver a algo por temor a volver a dañarlo

miedo a reflejar lo que no soy y que par de personas *importantes* creen

miedo a herir con palabras

miedo a herir con silencio

miedo al año pasado

lo mas importante de todo es que esos miedos no me detienen a vivir,pq pare de vivir un momento y no me gusto

gravitatoriamente los hechos para ser UNICOS y FUERA DEL MONTON caemos al sentido sincero de la vida, que es vivir,parece que te esta tocando caer,suerte en tu viaje,con tus maletas y ojala dejes que El te cargue las mas pesadas...y prioriza,no te nubles.


ame tu tatuaje cuando dijiste lo q significaba,algun dia subire tu pelo para leerlo y animarme full.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh wat a year your in for.... hope its all great babe... love ya....
Grisset